News:

10/23/16 - Welcome to the new forums!

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - jgs404

#1
Introductions / Greetings from Paris
February 26, 2017, 02:44:05 PM
Hello hello my name is John and I'm from Paris. After being a YNAB4 junkie for 3 years, I converted to nYNAB thinking "hey gotta follow where the future is heading" but I fell off the wagon. Sure my accounts are still up to date but I didn't feel like I was the "budget-master" like I did in YNAB 4 so slowly nYNAB became a place to "record" transactions by tradition, sometimes only once a month spending half-an-hour logging everything because I lost the habit of instantly logging then clearing. And I whack-a-moled everything after spending the money already. Which didn't make any sense as I didn't really have any spending limits anymore. Which is kind of the point of having a budget in the first place.

I thought that it was me who fell off the budget-wagon but when I launched up Financier with that big YNAB 4 excel-like budget screen I'd forgotten about, I felt excited, like I was a power-user again, and I hope that I can achieve a new beginning with what looks like great software. Also, it's still in the early stage and it's exciting to be able to give some feedback to Alex.

So hello everyone and let's budget again.  :parrot: