Author Topic: Monthly Header when Using the Red Arrow  (Read 976 times)

Offline jenmas

Monthly Header when Using the Red Arrow
« on: November 12, 2016, 03:09:31 PM »
I am not sure if this is a bug, or just a difference from YNAB 4. I am Financier and YNAB 4 in parallel for now.

Anyway, I am going on a business trip right after Thanksgiving. I have already incurred some reimbursable costs - visa application, photos for visa application, priority mail to embassy, SASE priority mail for them to return my passport (super annoying when the embassy is a 20 minute bus ride away from the office, but if I drop off in person, it is considered an "expedited request" and costs an additional $30), etc.

So I have entered all these expenses in my Reimbursables line item item and have used the red arrow. In the Financier header for December, it shows an overspend in November for the amount of the negative in the Reimbursables category. Actually let me clarify. It shows -$127.87 (the amount I've spent so far on this trip) as the overspend, but the red arrow shows -$149.17 in the Reimbursables category because at the end of October I bought tickets for me and friend to attend a show in December (which I will now miss due to the trip  :'( ) and she owes me $21.30 which she'll pay me tomorrow when I see her. Here is the weird part. The November header does not show an October overspend of -$21.30. This inconsistency is what makes me think that there is maybe a bug. I did a log out/log in to see if there was some sort of sync lag and this didn't change anything.

Contrast to YNAB 4 where there is no overspend in either the header for November or December.

Offline jenmas

Re: Monthly Header when Using the Red Arrow
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »
Oh, and another thing. Currently in November, I have a negative amount in my Clothing category of -$8.12. I need to return something and as soon as I get around to it, it will be back to positive. Anyway, that -$8.12 is not showing up in the overspent for November in the December header.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 11:13:36 PM »
Strange, the top header works fine for me. If you use the right red arrow then it shows no overspending for the next month in the header and if you don't it does show overspending.

What browser are you using?

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »
Make sure all transactions and sub transactions are properly categorized and there's no red 'no category' things.

Could you send a pic of your budget so I can understand what's happening? hello@financier.io

Thx
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline jenmas

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »
I've attached a screenshot. Double checked every transaction is either a transfer or has a category.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:55:38 PM »
That's really weird. I'll look over it in more depth, but nothing comes to mind that could cause this to happen.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:55:51 PM »
@jenmas after some hardcore 🕵️ work, I think I have a fix that works well.

I will try to get a fix out tomorrow evening. I hope you can bear with me until then. :) Thanks so much for pointing out the bug!

Offline jenmas

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 09:56:39 PM »
Sounds good!

Thanks

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
@jenmas Let me know if it's working correctly now.

Offline jenmas

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
Yes it is. Thanks so much!