Author Topic: YNAB4 Converter Tool [alpha]  (Read 8232 times)

Offline ottyacat

Re: YNAB4 Converter Tool [alpha]
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 03:57:09 AM »
@ottyacat A sync loop shouldn't be possible. I'd recommend logging out + clearing budgets and then logging back in. Should be fine. :)

Thanks Alex, tried that about 5 times including clearing browser data manually. its definitely looping on my computer and won't pull any budgets back. When I login with my phone it doesn't loop, I can see all budgets but when I click on the ynab one to delete it says it doesn't exist and also wont let me delete it. Something funky is going on

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 03:59:20 AM »
Side note; average of last three months seem to just take one third of previous months budget?

I posted in the bug section probably the same issue check this out: https://discuss.financier.io/index.php?topic=114.0

Part of the problem atleast.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:22:23 AM by ottyacat »

Offline olaix

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 06:50:47 AM »
Quote from: ottyacat
Part of the problem atleast.

Certainly the same :)

Offline Hadde

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:18 AM »
Import is working correctly  parrot

Offline Alex

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »
@ottyacat A sync loop shouldn't be possible. I'd recommend logging out + clearing budgets and then logging back in. Should be fine. :)

Thanks Alex, tried that about 5 times including clearing browser data manually. its definitely looping on my computer and won't pull any budgets back. When I login with my phone it doesn't loop, I can see all budgets but when I click on the ynab one to delete it says it doesn't exist and also wont let me delete it. Something funky is going on

Could you let me know your OS/browser, and if you could let me know if there are any errors in the developer console?
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Online asromzek

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »
The nYNAB migration tool will use the exported CSV files from nYNAB. Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of budget information missing with that format, so a fair amount of user interaction will be needed to fill in the blanks. I just got home from week long work trip, and I took the entire week off got Thanksgiving, so we'll see what happens...
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 12:37:06 PM »
The nYNAB migration tool will use the exported CSV files from nYNAB. Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of budget information missing with that format, so a fair amount of user interaction will be needed to fill in the blanks. I just got home from week long work trip, and I took the entire week off got Thanksgiving, so we'll see what happens...

I don't have any nYNAB data to worry about, but just wanted to say thanks for taking this on. You all are helping create a great product.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »
@Alex is it possible to sync two budgets? Meaning can I import my YNAB4 data into a new and different budget from the one I already have synced so I can test the sync function without possibly disturbing what I already have?

Online asromzek

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2016, 12:42:52 PM »
By the way, my tool will likely also eventually handle the YNAB4 CSV format and the YNAB4 JSON format. A little competition doesn't hurt.  ;)
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline RPNnerd

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
That was interesting.  I didn't see the local .YNAB4 file so I pointed to the one on the drop box.  It was ~25MB.  The conversion seemed to work....except the budget is only caught up through April.  My allocations (or "predicted") budget is pushed through to December (which is what I was doing back in April).

So it was successful-- and the resulting jSon file was only 1.5MB.   But it wasn't my whole budget to the current point.  I'm not sure why and will dig into where my data is kept.

Offline RPNnerd

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »
Side note... I see now some of my category names are long.  How do I adjust the panel on the budget side to see more width of my categories?

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 02:36:24 PM »
Could you let me know your OS/browser, and if you could let me know if there are any errors in the developer console?

I'll email you the details so I don't clog up this thread.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 02:39:03 PM »
Side note... I see now some of my category names are long.  How do I adjust the panel on the budget side to see more width of my categories?

Not currently possible, this is an existing request see in Trello https://trello.com/c/xYbdVTcu/119-resize-width-of-category-names

Offline RPNnerd

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »
I saved a the file -- updated-- and the dropbox showed it was updated (current time/date stamp) and I had the same result in uploading it again.  Only budget data through April.

Offline Alex

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »
That was interesting.  I didn't see the local .YNAB4 file so I pointed to the one on the drop box.  It was ~25MB.  The conversion seemed to work....except the budget is only caught up through April.  My allocations (or "predicted") budget is pushed through to December (which is what I was doing back in April).

So it was successful-- and the resulting jSon file was only 1.5MB.   But it wasn't my whole budget to the current point.  I'm not sure why and will dig into where my data is kept.

If you're comfortable with it, email your YNAB budget and I'll investigate.

It's possible that you may need to save a copy of the YNAB budget and try importing that. :)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.