Author Topic: 1.3.0 Released - Better sorting, secondary sorts  (Read 813 times)

Offline Alex

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:14:55 PM by Alex »
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline athikalaka

Re: 1.3.0 Released - Better sorting, secondary sorts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »
Nice!
Just a feature request on this Sort. Perhaps 2 arrows for secondary and 3 arrows for tertiary (^ stacked on top, not next to each other please)?

Offline Alex

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
Sorting is much quicker now too, great work!

Offline athikalaka

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 03:32:04 PM »
ps, do you have a preference of where to submit feature requests? Do you prefer this forum as primary since I'm submitting everything via reddit at the moment?

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
Either is fine. :)

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 08:43:46 PM »
Hey @Alex,

Is there a documentation page where we can find all the stuff that is permanent and working? I know that things are changing quickly, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the new things that are being added or are changing and how they work. It may be too much to ask right now, which I understand. Was just wondering. Thanks!

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 08:45:32 PM »
@jeremiahsvow What do you mean stuff that is "permanent and working"?

I think the major thing is the "make a transfer" button doesn't work. :)

I am trying to document all changes here in the "announcements" board in this forum.

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »
@jeremiahsvow What do you mean stuff that is "permanent and working"?

I think the major thing is the "make a transfer" button doesn't work. :)

I am trying to document all changes here in the "announcements" board in this forum.

@Alex,

I'm thinking about things like:

• The YNAB import
  • How to do inline calculations (as it is now)
  • Explanation of reports
  • Sorting columns

Things like this.

I guess I was thinking about a running list of all the things that a user can do or should know about when they are starting out with Financier. This could be expanded with more explicit documentation later. I can't always remember if what I am trying to do will work, so, I find it helpful to have somewhere to find the information. A general reference page. I hope that makes sense.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »
Ah, I see. :) I am working on a guide, but it's slow going. I should probably circle back to it.

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 08:58:19 PM »
Ah, I see. :) I am working on a guide, but it's slow going. I should probably circle back to it.

I don't want to add more work and distract you from what you have going on. I just know that if these updates keep coming at a regular clip, the new folks will have more things to learn. And us "old" folks might still have questions about all the cool stuff Financier can do!  ;) :)

Offline asromzek

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »

I don't want to add more work and distract you from what you have going on. I just know that if these updates keep coming at a regular clip, the new folks will have more things to learn. And us "old" folks might still have questions about all the cool stuff Financier can do!  ;) :)

I've been really tied up the last week. I'm impressed with how much @Alex can accomplish when I'm not bug hunting.  8)
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline isildo

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:38:27 PM »
*raises hand*
I'm more than happy to help with writing that. If you're looking for help.