Author Topic: Scheduled transactions  (Read 2737 times)

Offline NeV3rKilL

Re: Scheduled transactions
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 10:04:27 AM »
I must be skipping something because I don't understand the issue about duplicates.

Couldn't we just attach an underground bool "created" on the scheduled transaction?

We connect, sync, and then check for scheduled transactions and only popup/create if created = false, all invisible for the user.

About the budged think, we could use a checkbox to take in account the future scheduled transactions on the budget. Would be a fast method to see the forecast and the current budget.

About the period, just try to make it the flexible the better because even that the advice on this post seem great, we are going to miss situations and a flexible system is imperative easy to add skipped ideas.

My 2 cents on this:

- Chosen N days of the month (1-31).
-- Goto 3

- Chosen N days of the year (1-366).
-- Goto 4

1- Every N day of the week. (1-7)
2-- Every X week of the month or chosen weeks. (1-5)
3--- Every Y month of the year or chosen months. (1-12)
4---- Every Z year or chosen years. (1-inf)

Combination of the previous with a workday checkbox (workday closest, by the right or the left, to the date defined in the previous section)
- Checkbox (workday left)
- Checkbox (workday right)

Rounding to the left on months with 28-31 days or months with 4-5 weeks. And another to round the result if the day doesn't exist to the closest one.

rrule seems great. Maybe I miss a checkbox related to workday (left) (right).

I think we don't have to play magician tricks and think about this scheduled date as something simple and illustrative.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:45:24 AM by NeV3rKilL »

Offline ColinG

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 07:13:42 AM »
Scheduled just needs to be simple. There are plenty of examples out there and most seem to work ok as far as I can see. It is unfortunate that this part of the development is not here yet as it is the one thing that I really need - without it Financier remains a no go zone for me and I want to use it so much :-(

Offline Paul

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »
Agreed - for now I have just made a list of my scheduled transactions in my task manager and enter them on the day they arise. But this does of course cause a significant amount of unnecessary data entry.
I know Alex has it at the top of his list. My nYNAB renewal is due in a couple of weeks so I may just cancel and trust Alex to come up with the goods in Q1  ;D

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
It would be nice if I couple make a Financier => nYNAB tool so that people could feel less worried about trying Financier out.

Ehh, maybe a Financier => YNAB 4 tool would be good (and then you can just upgrade normally).

Something to think about. :)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Mike

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 09:21:25 AM »
My nYNAB renewal is due in a couple of weeks so I may just cancel and trust Alex to come up with the goods in Q1  ;D
My nYNAB renewal is also due in a couple weeks. I changed it from annual to monthly. I'll pay the $5.00 per month until Financier has scheduled transactions and a mobile app.
In the Cascade Mountains of Oregon

Offline Paul

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 09:26:05 AM »
My nYNAB renewal is due in a couple of weeks so I may just cancel and trust Alex to come up with the goods in Q1  ;D
My nYNAB renewal is also due in a couple weeks. I changed it from annual to monthly. I'll pay the $5.00 per month until Financier has scheduled transactions and a mobile app.

Yes indeed - on reading your previous post - I did that initially. But now I'm feeling braver (or am an idiot :-\)
btw I understand that the monthly option is no longer available for new or lapsed subscribers

Offline asromzek

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
... I understand that the monthly option is no longer available for new or lapsed subscribers

Yup, that's correct. I let my subscription lapse, and only had the option of renewing for a full year. They re-enabled my trial for 34 more days to get through tax season, which was good enough for me.

I'm Financier full time now, and have no regrets.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.