Author Topic: How long should JSON file backups take to start download?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Bruce

How long should JSON file backups take to start download?
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »
Mine is taking over a minute and closer to two minutes to start after clicking the "Backup Budget". Is this normal?

Offline MacMichael

Re: How long should JSON file backups take to start download?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »
I have about 2 1/2 years worth of transactions and my JSON file starts and downloads instantly.

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »
What browser? Not normal. :)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »

Offline Bruce

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 03:44:54 AM »
As a follow up it just now took 1 minute and 42 seconds for my JSON file to start downloading using Chrome.

Not a huge deal, but at some point I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 09:34:30 PM »
Crazy. It's possible the computer is swapping memory or something. If anyone else encounters this I'll definitely take a closer look. :)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 07:48:28 AM »
Crazy. It's possible the computer is swapping memory or something. If anyone else encounters this I'll definitely take a closer look. :)

Just to test it I tried from my office computer and it took 4 minutes and 14 seconds. Our company works with very large data files daily so I wouldn't think computer resources would be the issue.

That being said let's put this on the back burner for now. I can wait the few minutes it's taking and I'd rather you be able to commit all of your resources to higher priorities. We can circle back to this down the road.