Author Topic: Fluid app works just fine  (Read 1139 times)

Offline michaelmjd

Fluid app works just fine
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:24:04 AM »
Thought I would try turning Financier into a "desktop" app (for Mac) using Fluidapp.com and it seems to work well. The only big difference I'm noticing is that the fonts are a little on the light side.

But other than that, I can have a dedicated app icon right on my dock. Really neat.

Offline Paul

Re: Fluid app works just fine
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 04:23:48 PM »
Thanks for this - I've been using Financier as a Fluid app for a month or so now and wondered if I was the only one with the very pale low res font!

Offline MacMichael

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »
I just tried using Fluid (version 1.8.6) on a Mac (El Capitan).  I am able to see my Budget but all the Account transactions are blank.  Did you do anything special like clearing cache.  I don't want to do anything to screw up my real online budget.  I did make a backup before trying it.

Offline michaelmjd

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »
I didn't clear anything. Just opened it up and logged in.

Offline MacMichael

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »
I discovered that any account that has more than one page of transactions shows up with all transactions on top of each other in the first row.  It may have something to do with a retina display using fluid?

Offline Paul

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »
I guess that is possible -I just have a MacMini connected to a Dell screen. I have used Fluid a bit in the past with no problems (which is no comfort to you!).
There is app Coherence 4 (http://www.bzgwebs.com/ ) to do the same thing as Fluid does but from Chrome - might be worth trying the free version!

Offline Paul

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »
I guess that is possible -I just have a MacMini connected to a Dell screen. I have used Fluid a bit in the past with no problems (which is no comfort to you!).
There is app Coherence 4 (http://www.bzgwebs.com/ ) to do the same thing as Fluid does but from Chrome - might be worth trying the free version!

@MacMichael @michaelmjd I have just set up a Financier App using Coherence 4 (3.06 if purchased from the UK). It does a good job - the fonts on the account list are much clearer than in Safari or via Fluid.

Offline Jacques

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:21:29 AM »
Just sharing my experience. I have both a mac and a windows pc. On the mac I have been able to run financier succesfully using coherence. Fluid app wouldn't work properly however. Only half of the information on the page would load.

Then I looked for a similar solution for my windows pc and I found this link: https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativefier. It's something called nativefier and runs on windows, mac & linux. I managed to install everything correctly and then created a 'financier app'. However financier is stuck at loading the page'. Not sure if this would be easy to solve.

Has anyone found another solution to make financier behave like an app under windows?

Thanks,

Jacques

Offline heb3Ach

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 04:49:13 AM »
https://www.npmjs.com/package/nativefier. It's something called nativefier and runs on windows, mac & linux. I managed to install everything correctly and then created a 'financier app'. However financier is stuck at loading the page'.

@Alex I have seen the same thing as @Jacques here. A couple of Financier versions ago a nativefier built "app" loaded and ran Financier just fine. Now it is always stuck at the loading screen. I will try to figure out how to get some proper logs from nativefier when I get to my desktop.

Offline heb3Ach

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »
Here is a log for you @Alex. I understand it is a low priority matter but maybe if you have a slow day some day.  ;D

EDIT: The "SandboxIPCHandler stopping." is the result of me closing the app window. So it just hangs forever before that.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:22:32 AM by heb3Ach »