Author Topic: Mobile UI Tweaks  (Read 579 times)

Offline Eeems

Mobile UI Tweaks
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »
Hey @Alex thanks for working on Financier, it's exactly what I've been looking for since YNaB4 support got dropped.

There are a couple things that are still holding my wife and I from switching over from YNaB4 + dropbox + Mobile App.

We like using mobile for entering our transactions, and while you can do that with Financier, you run into some trouble with the responsive layout not being fully mobile friendly.
  • The account view grids are difficult to read. Maybe increase the row items to two rows in height?
  • The "Add a new transaction" and "Make a transfer" links are hard to click and should be increased in height/width. Probably should just fill up the entire row after the screen size get's too small.
  • Date select is too small. It probably shouldn't be dismissed when clicking outside of the popup due to misclicks. Instead there should probably be an okay/cancel style button entry on it.
  • Budget categories size should be increased.
  • A lot of the controls on the budget view should have their size increased to make them tap friendly.
  • The setting gear on the menu is hard to click.

Some of the other reasons are already feature requests that are being worked on, so no need to mention them here.

I'm running Android 7.0 and using both Firefox (54a1, so Nightly) and Chrome 55. Financier version 1.4.9 (Dec 20, 2016).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:50:44 PM by Eeems »
/e

Offline Alex

Re: Mobile UI Tweaks
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »
Wow, I'm impressed that you're using mobile in the accounts view!

It will actually be much different for mobile, so no worries there. :)

Thanks for the pointers.
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Eeems

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »
Wow, I'm impressed that you're using mobile in the accounts view!

It will actually be much different for mobile, so no worries there. :)

Thanks for the pointers.
Since it was available, I thought I might as well test to see how it works.
Do you have mockups already of how you want it to look? I've looked through the trello board but I haven't found too many mobile specific items. It would be nice to see what your plans are early so we can help identify any potential usability issues that you would run into. Totally understandable if you don't have time for that specifically yet.
/e

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:47:05 AM »
I have a working mobile keypad, but I'm afraid I don't have an image of it readily available!

Rest assured I will take feedback once I have something out for people to test. :)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Eeems

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:49:16 AM »
Awesome, thanks!
/e