Author Topic: Need help !  (Read 511 times)

Offline keyboard

Need help !
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:07 AM »
Hi

A newbie still struggling.....  I have attached a screenshot to better explain.

The beginning of a new month and I am stuck already !!!!  I want to add a new category  "Bank Fees" and put $10.00 in it.  Just what are the steps to do this ?

Thanks
Ron
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline Alex

Re: Need help !
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
If I understand properly: Subtract $10 from a different category and then budget $10 for that category. :)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »
If you're referring to wanting to make $10 available _now_ in March, budget negative $10 to money reserves.
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline keyboard

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »
Thanks for the help but I think that I am missing some fundamental protocols here.....

I have 927.52 in my Money reserves..... How do I deplete this by 10.00 and give it to "Bank Fees"

Duh !!!!  I finally got it     
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline asromzek

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »
There are two ways to reduce a category value: By typing the exact number "917.52", or by letting the inline calculator do the work for you by entering "927.51-10", basically appending "-10" to the current value in the cell. The calculator is really useful for adding or subtracting odd amounts, and for performing specific math on category values that comprised of money carried over from previous months plus money that has budgeted in the current month.

Reducing the category value should toss the money back up to ATB.

Edit: I see that you already figured it out. :parrot:
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.