Author Topic: Any Star Trek geeks here?  (Read 895 times)

Offline Doomspark

Any Star Trek geeks here?
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:44:14 AM »
*raises hand*   I grew up watching Star Trek (the Original series).  Love TOS, TNG, DS9.  I like a lot of VOY, but not all (that's a subject for another post, perhaps).  And I despised Enterprise.
Understanding does not imply agreement.
Acceptance does not imply agreement.
Disagreement does not imply conflict.

Offline asromzek

Re: Any Star Trek geeks here?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »
Watched through TOS twice now. Never really got into TNG or DS9, but I'm working my way through VOY now. I remember watching that a lot when I was a kid, so nostalgia... I think I made it about 2 episodes into Enterprise. My last memory of that show was asking myself "Why is that Vulcan so angry?"
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline RPNnerd

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »
Recently started the Babylon 5 series-- since it's a long arc storyline as well as short stories.

It was fun to view a couple of the TOS episodes when they had their 50th anniversary.

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 03:48:30 PM »
*raises hand*   I grew up watching Star Trek (the Original series).  Love TOS, TNG, DS9.  I like a lot of VOY, but not all (that's a subject for another post, perhaps).  And I despised Enterprise.

Me and my dad spend too much time talking about Star Trek.  parrot

But, I did like Enterprise. Except for the last two episodes. That was a straight up troll job. Other than that I have watched every thing Trek related except the animated series, but it is on my Netflix watch list!  8)

Offline Doomspark

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
B5 is great as well - seasons 1-4, at least.  Firefly is awesome.

But Star Trek is what got me into science fiction in the first place. 

Favorite episodes:
TOS:  Trouble with Tribbles
TNG:  Measure of a Man
DS9:  Explorers
VOY:  In the Flesh
Understanding does not imply agreement.
Acceptance does not imply agreement.
Disagreement does not imply conflict.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
Oh man, Firefly...

I forgot to tell my wife that there was only one season, and we cruised through it over a weekend. "Put the next one on, this show is so good!"......

<duck-and-cover>

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 02:20:53 PM »
If you guys like Trek you should check out Dark Matter on Netflix. I have found it really entertaining and well made. Compelling characters and a well thought out story. Not Trek, but very good.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 02:37:57 PM »
If you guys like Trek you should check out Dark Matter on Netflix. I have found it really entertaining and well made. Compelling characters and a well thought out story. Not Trek, but very good.

That's on my list, after we get through Stranger Things a second time.

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 02:41:30 PM »

That's on my list, after we get through Stranger Things a second time.

I have been debating watching Stranger Things. Is it worth the time?

Offline asromzek

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
It's one of the best shows I've watch recently. They definitely captured the look & feel of the 80s without throwing it in your face. It can get a little slow here and there and there are some mild flaws, but they did a great job of bringing a few different themes together. Government conspiracy, mysteries to solve, poltergeist/paranormal stuff, pack of kids running around like the Goonies...

Offline bullfinche

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 08:36:31 PM »
My favorite is DS9 and TNG.  I just finished Enterprise and I actually liked it a lot.  Liked it a lot more than Voyager.   TOS still holds up well and it's still rewatchable.

Offline olaix

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 11:48:25 AM »
I wouldn't consider myself a proper trekkie, but I'm working my way thru TNG now. In the middle of season 5, atm :)

Offline machei

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 02:41:00 PM »
Huge trekkie, here. :) My fav series remains TNG, but TOS is gold, and Enterprise deserved better. I'm one of few who actually liked Voyager. DS9 is the only one I haven't watched all the way through, and I still don't know why--seen most of them though, I'll wager.

Currently re-watching Firefly though.  ;)

Offline nolesrule

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 03:13:44 PM »
DS9 is Babylon 5 withthe serial numbers filed off.