Author Topic: Donate A Couple Bucks?  (Read 947 times)

Offline bbennett108

Donate A Couple Bucks?
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »
For anyone interested in donating to help faster development of Financier, please do so here:
https://www.gofundme.com/financier-ynab-alternative

You can donate any amount, and even a few dollars will help and add up over time.

Full disclosure: I'm not an employee or anything, just a fan.

Offline ColinG

Re: Donate A Couple Bucks?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
How will these couple of bucks actually help? The dev has already said he does not want help, that Financier is basically where he wants it to be and further enhancement should be seen as a bonus rather than an expectation. I might well have been willing to contribute in the past but no so keen now. Anyway should not the dev be making this request?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:02:10 AM by ColinG »

Offline machei

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »
Agreed. If I thought it'd go anywhere, I'd toss a couple bucks his way, but there's no indication it would do anything at all. So, I'll fire him 12 bucks a year and that'll apparently keep the lights on, and I guess that's as far as I would go.

Offline ColinG

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:04:29 AM »
I am not even prepared to help keep the lights on - not on what is to me an incomplete product. I need mobile and I need scheduled. As it stands YNAB (new) is the better bet even allowing for Jesse and the past. Agreed, it is not YNAB 4 but it does have scheduled and mobile and is being developed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:18:42 PM by ColinG »

Offline godlo

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »
I'm in the same boat @ColinG ... I regitered for the trial of ynab now becouse @Alex slowed down the development (no mobile, no scheduled and no csv import).  :'(

@Alex please you're very near at scheduled and csv import! For the mobile part a better responsive design can be a good alternative to the apps.

Offline Billy_McSkintos

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 11:48:40 PM »
I'm frustrated too and whilst I would definitely like additional features (scheduled transactions, move transactions between accounts, reports), if I put those annoyances aside, financier (in blue) is still cheaper, faster and superior to nYNAB for me. For $12/ year I get pretty much what I want. No other software that is really important to me gives me exactly what I want either.

If @Alex decides to implement additional features, I'd be delighted. If he doesn't I'd still buy him a beer and thank him for everything he has put into it. Financier works, allows me to budget and track how I want to and costs me next to nothing.

Project Fi Referral - Get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/RWN1J1
Betterment.com Referral - 90 days managed free: https://www.betterment.com/?invite=marcusglynn

Offline ColinG

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 02:07:23 PM »
That's fine if it works for you. Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately, I take my finances seriously and will not trust my records to what is a one man band with no real plan other that to keep things as they are. No business or product ever succeeded by being dormant and I am not tying myself into something that in a lot of ways is archaic (ref not having scheduled transactions or a mobile app). It is a personal thing of course and if you are happy with that then that is also great.

Offline Whatsup

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 01:09:49 AM »
That's fine if it works for you. Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately, I take my finances seriously and will not trust my records to what is a one man band with no real plan other that to keep things as they are. No business or product ever succeeded by being dormant and I am not tying myself into something that in a lot of ways is archaic (ref not having scheduled transactions or a mobile app). It is a personal thing of course and if you are happy with that then that is also great.

I'm in the same boat. I want something I can rely on. If @Alex had scheduled transaction and some kind of mobile support then I could manage. But I can't do without those two non-negotiable. I wasn't happy to modify some of my workflows for Jess, I'm not prepared to modify some of my other workflows(mobile support & scheduled transaction) either. I'm willing to make some allowances given it's a one man band and its by all accounts cheap as chips. But its still got to work for me.  @Alex is happy where its at, which is fine.  But I'm not. Not with something I rely on.