Author Topic: unexplained "Overspent in Mar" amount  (Read 521 times)

Offline ramblinwreck

unexplained "Overspent in Mar" amount
« on: March 15, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
Hi Alex, et al,

See attached.
I cannot find the source for the 'overspent' $43.27. This just popped up today after adding some transactions.

I do have some red/negative category balances in March, but they are all set to "Subtract it from the next month's category balance" (i.e. red arrow forward), not "Subtract it from the next month's 'Available to Budget'", so I expect my Overspent in Mar should be zero.

Can you tell me what to look for, or Alex, can you take a look at my budget data?

Either I'm missing something obvious (likely), or this is a bug.

Thanks
Chris

Offline ramblinwreck

Re: unexplained "Overspent in Mar" amount
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »
Disregard. Sorry for false alarm. I found it (see attached).

Problem is that this is a split/multiple transaction, so I didn't see the red/uncategorized amount in the normal account view (only saw it once I hit the arrow to expand the split/multiple transaction!).

Wishlist request: mark the split/multiple transaction parent category as red/uncategorized if there are any child categories that are red/uncategorized. Thanks!  :parrot:

Offline Joel

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:51:52 PM »
Wishlist request: mark the split/multiple transaction parent category as red/uncategorized if there are any child categories that are red/uncategorized. Thanks!  :parrot:

I really like the idea of some type of alert when a collapsed master category has a hidden category with an overspent balance in it!
Biking and budgeting my way to early retirement!

Ting referral: https://zp8h3m5ceig.ting.com/
Lastpass referral: https://lastpass.com/f?27278462

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »
@Joel Definitely, stuff like this I prioritize with the understanding that people might not be asking for it (doesn't have the bling of mobile app, for example), but still is very important.
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.