Author Topic: Financier Mobile (Unofficial)  (Read 9251 times)

Offline Whatsup

Re: Financier Mobile (Unofficial)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »
Alright, can you guys see account balances, and are they correct?

Edit: Account sort order is not implemented yet.

Yup, can see account balances and they appear to be correct. Good job!!

Online asromzek

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »
One step at a time...

The app routing structure is getting reworked tonight.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Online asromzek

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »
Another minor update... hashing out some of the navigation stuff. The accounts should show up in the correct sort order as well now.

Online Billy_McSkintos

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 05:07:35 PM »
@asromzek All correct and in order.

Nice work!
Project Fi Referral - Get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/RWN1J1
Betterment.com Referral - 90 days managed free: https://www.betterment.com/?invite=marcusglynn

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »
Another minor update... hashing out some of the navigation stuff. The accounts should show up in the correct sort order as well now.

Yep looking good, all accounts displaying correct balance and in order. :)

Online asromzek

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
For now the data will be static after loading (numbers won't update as sync changes roll in). You'll have to refresh to see any new data that was synced, which is the simplest way to get things up and running.

I plan make the whole thing dynamic so the numbers update in real time as sync changes are detected, but it's looking like I'll have to go back and refactor a bunch of the internal code that was copied from inspired by @Alex. I'm using a totally different event system, so it'll be fun to figure out how to wire up all of that stuff from scratch.

Today I discovered the "display as mobile" option in chrome dev tools, which renders the page in different phone screen sizes. That has been really handy for testing out different layouts. So far, things are looking good all the way down to iPhone 4.

Offline Joel

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »
Good work @asromzek
Biking and budgeting my way to early retirement!

Ting referral: https://zp8h3m5ceig.ting.com/
Lastpass referral: https://lastpass.com/f?27278462

Online asromzek

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 11:23:24 AM »
Ran into a few snags last night, so I'm rewriting the data engine from scratch. No big deal. :)

I can extract a lot of the logic from what I already have, but I want to use typescript to its fullest potential (everything has a type!). I'm also building a comprehensive event structure that the front end can bind to for automatic change updates.

The budget and account structures are already complete. Transactions, categories, and payees are next. Then the fun part: month calculations.

It's going to take some time, but it should make building the front end a lot easier and straight forward.

Online asromzek

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »
Status Update: Worn out edition.

Still chipping away at things slowly behind the scenes, and dealing with some real life stuff this week. Hopefully I can ramp back up to full awesomeness by the end of the weekend.

Offline godlo

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 11:09:52 AM »
Any news?  :-X

Online asromzek

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
Not a lot to report, unfortunately. The company I work for was hit by a computer virus a little over a week ago, and 110% of my time has been spent patching and cleaning computers around the clock. We're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so hopefully I'll have my evenings and weekends back again soon. I'd much rather be developing web stuff than dealing with that mess.

Online asromzek

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
"We have Windows XP machines scattered all over the place. We need all of those patched... Oh, only service pack 3 is patchable??"

"How about this one and the other 15 that are running Windows 2000?"

"Oh yeah, these Windows 95 machines are supposed to run for the next 10 years. What about those?"

:o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:47:08 AM by asromzek »

Online asromzek

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 03:07:21 PM »
After a turbulent summer, the gears are starting to grind again...

I've spent the last two days picking up where I left off. My wife has been complaining about not being able to enter transactions while on the go, so I'm targeting that first. That and the ability to check category balances. I threw out about 2/3 of the existing code after reading up and researching the Angular2/4 framework a little more, and determining that I had no idea what I was doing. We'll see how the next few weeks go.

Online asromzek

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 12:42:58 AM »
Just a sneak peak of what's to come...

https://fmobile.asromzek.com/
(Best viewed on your phone)

I tossed out 100% of the Angular 2/4 code and started over with a brand new Vue.js project on Sunday. Why? Because I'm an adult and I can do what I want.

There isn't much on the surface yet, but the sync mechanism and underlying data model are completely intact. I borrowed a good chunk of code from the main Financier project, so the math should be identical. I'm at the point where the rest of the coding will be from scratch and only loosely based on the main app. I'll upload the source code with an MIT license once I have a somewhat stable version ready to go.

Next on the list: Opening budgets and viewing account balances.

Online asromzek

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
Alright, things are humming along smoothly. I decided to go all out with making the mobile app run offline just like the main app. I had to refactor a good chunk of the app to make that happen, but it's looking fairly solid now. Before doing anything further with data stuff I departed down the path of... color themes...