Author Topic: Financier Mobile (Unofficial)  (Read 28532 times)

Offline ottyacat

Re: Financier Mobile (Unofficial)
« Reply #240 on: December 26, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »
Sure thing, I installed the latest Firefox and it is sort of working but probably not properly. So when you click and hold the row for a second it then let's you move the row but then as you start moving the row it also starts scrolling and thus you cannot really move it anywhere because it's scrolling the whole screen at the same time as trying to move the row.  The work around is to click and hold the row and then use a second finger to stop the screen scrolling, then you can move the row.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #241 on: December 26, 2017, 09:16:03 PM »
At what point is it appropriate to suggest getting an iPhone? :D
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #242 on: December 26, 2017, 09:25:10 PM »
Maybe the attachment will answer that question.  8)

To be honest, I just like QA testing stuff, moving categories around doesn't really affect me one way or another  ;)

Offline asromzek

« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2017, 11:35:54 PM »
Wednesday (Thursday?) Update: I did nothing today, literally. Pants didnít happen. Two pots of coffee. Microwaved every meal that needed to be warm. Binge watched Future Man on Hulu. You know, standard vacation day schedule. Itís amazing how the best development occurs when free time is scarce or non-existent.

Seriously, watch Future Man if you like stupid sci-fi and donít have kids in the room. (Produced by Seth Rogan)

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2017, 05:31:16 AM »
Seriously, watch Future Man if you like stupid sci-fi and donít have kids in the room. (Produced by Seth Rogan)

Sounds good! Don't think we can get hulu in Aus, we'll legally anyway. I'll have to investigate other methods.  ;D

How hard would it be to persist the collapse status of the budget master categories, even just in local storage? I find my myself satisfying my OCD every time I visit the budget screens and collapsing my hidden master categories over and over again.  :P

Offline asromzek

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2017, 08:25:48 AM »
Actually, master category collapsed memory is a syncable property in the main app. I considered having the the mobile app tie into that, but it might be preferable to have that as a local setting. That way you can quickly scroll on mobile, expanding only what you need to see, and still see everything on the main app when loading it up.

Iím also trying to figure out how to squeeze in a collapse/expand all button.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »
Sounds good! I reckon next to the Categories label would work just a simple word collapse that changes into expand. Etc

PS the whole swipe left and right is working much better now, not too sensitive any more, definitely feels like it's been tweaked. Either that or my phone was having another moment. But it's good now!

Offline asromzek

« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »
PS the whole swipe left and right is working much better now, not too sensitive any more, definitely feels like it's been tweaked. Either that or my phone was having another moment. But it's good now!

I made some adjustments to that last week. Cranked the sensitivity from 30 to 100... I'm not sure what units that is, but it seemed more responsive. :P

I also thought of a new quick budget option that I would find really useful toward the end of the month. "Cover overspending" for categories that have a positive balance. If your available to budget value is currently negative, choosing this option would try to unbudget money from a category to cover the current overbudgeted amount. Only the amount needed would be unbudgeted if possible. The category would simply be budgeted to zero if the balance does not exceed the overbudgeted amount.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
I made some adjustments to that last week. Cranked the sensitivity from 30 to 100...

Lol love it! When in doubt, crank it to 100 ;D

I also thought of a new quick budget option that I would find really useful toward the end of the month. "Cover overspending" for categories that have a positive balance. If your available to budget value is currently negative, choosing this option would try to unbudget money from a category to cover the current over budgeted amount. Only the amount needed would be unbudgeted if possible. The category would simply be budgeted to zero if the balance does not exceed the over budgeted amount.

An interesting idea, I would probably use something like this. Although I have several long term categories that i never like to touch and in these instances would not want money taken from them . How would you select which category to cover it from? Largest balance would probably hit these longer term accounts.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »
This would only work with one category at a time, and it would be added to the list of quick budget options. If the current global available to budget is -$5.00, and you currently have a balance of $30.00 in Groceries, the "Cover overspending" quick budget option would subtract $5.00 from the current budgeted amount for Groceries, taking the balance to $25.00, and available to budget to $0.00. If you only have a balance of $1.00 in Groceries, then that full amount is unbudgeted taking the balance to $0.00 and available to budget to -$4.00.

Does that make sense?

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2017, 04:27:32 PM »
Does that make sense?

Ahh yea i misunderstood, that sounds really good!

Offline asromzek

« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
To better explain how I would use this...

At the end of the month I like to go through my budget and use the "Budget to Zero" on all negative categories. This sometimes results in a significant negative Available to Budget value. Then I could run through all of my positive categories and suck money from them one by one until Available to Budget is $0.00 again. Starting with the less critical categories.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2017, 04:33:22 PM »
Yea that sounds like a pretty good process!

Offline Billy_McSkintos

« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
I think I'm just going to use the mobile app on a full browser instead of app.financier.io.

I'm also looking for a few quick budget options by category:
Average expenditure last 3 months
This year
Last 12 months

Project Fi Referral - Get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/RWN1J1
Betterment.com Referral - 90 days managed free: https://www.betterment.com/?invite=marcusglynn

Offline asromzek

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2017, 09:40:37 PM »
Expanding the quick budget stuff is on my list, especially the average expenditures over the last X months.