Author Topic: Public Financier source  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Alex

Public Financier source
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of the best way to release Financier's core.

I was thinking of releasing the core without an open source license, and then adding later.

I might release other stuff later too, like the payment API stuff and couchdb config.

Would you guys contribute to Financier if I released the source code?
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Billy_McSkintos

Re: Public Financier source
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 10:54:25 PM »
Love to but that stuff is beyond me at this point. Will definitely begin to learn though...
Project Fi Referral - Get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/RWN1J1
Betterment.com Referral - 90 days managed free: https://www.betterment.com/?invite=marcusglynn

Offline zielperson

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:27:59 AM »
1. What language is it written in?

2. No, I will not contribute to a not-open source project.

Offline jat255

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »
2. No, I will not contribute to a not-open source project.

Agreed. The "non-open-source now, open-source later" strategy doesn't seem to have any necessity. I would recommend just open the whole thing, and leave the syncing server available as a paid option, if you're looking to continue defraying hosting costs.

What's your main hangup on opening it up? (Not trying to be pejorative, just trying to facilitate discussion)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:33:17 AM by jat255 »

Offline Eeems

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 08:49:49 AM »
I'd be interested in looking into the source and maybe helping identify the source of a few small issues, but at this point I don't have enough free time myself to pick up another project. I do think you should open source the core at the very least. You will slowly get more people interested in contributing if you actually have some open source code for them to contribute to.

Offline Sunflash

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
I don't have the skills to contribute, unfortunately.

Offline Whatsup

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »
Would love to contribute, but I'm not a programmer per se. I can usually work my way around things, so I'd be very interested to see the code and try and work with it. What laungauges are you using/needed?

Offline Saryon

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 01:41:35 AM »
@Alex
I see that the application is build with AngularJS 1.6, so I could contribute as I'm using Angular as well in my professional life.
However, like others, I won't contribute to code that's not open-sourced. Which is a shame, because this application does pretty much everything I need, except for the scheduled transactions and a mobile--friendly interface....

Offline jat255

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 04:07:45 PM »
@Alex any update?

Offline Whatsup

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 01:21:48 AM »

Offline machei

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 12:27:01 PM »
At this point, I think it's safe to say we're just not important. Or being ignored. Either way, wouldn't hold your breath.  :(

Offline Whatsup

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:19 PM »
At this point, I think it's safe to say we're just not important. Or being ignored. Either way, wouldn't hold your breath.  :(
Indeed! However it is what it is and we can't change that unfortunately.  :-X

Thankfully we might have something to talk about going forward once Budgeteer opens up in September. Although I wouldn't suggest we do that here....

Offline machei

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »
Thankfully we might have something to talk about going forward once Budgeteer opens up in September. Although I wouldn't suggest we do that here....

Eh. No one's watching.  ::)

Offline Billy_McSkintos

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
Do you have a link to information about budgeteer?
Project Fi Referral - Get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/RWN1J1
Betterment.com Referral - 90 days managed free: https://www.betterment.com/?invite=marcusglynn

Offline Paul

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 01:54:17 PM »