Author Topic: Financier Outlook..  (Read 388 times)

Offline keyboard

Financier Outlook..
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
First and foremost...... I cannot find enough words to thank "asromzek" for all that he has done for the "Mobile" Application so far. He has spent a-lot of time, effort and expertise, to really create an excellant app.

What is the status on the main app ?  Will there be as much effort put on the Main App or has Alex gone as far as he wants to ?  I can only compare to YNAB..... Will we ever get the "Move Money Tool" or perhaps refine the color scheme.
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline cracksys

Re: Financier Outlook..
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 07:26:27 PM »
I don't know who this is but I felt like I'm being molested somehow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/financier/comments/7dgfau/what_is_your_financier_wishlist/

Offline asromzek

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:52:49 PM »
I was contacted by that poster, since I've been building the mobile site, about developing a separate application based on the Financier source code. I didn't really response (too busy, forgot) and then that post disappeared after a short while. He indicated that he was planning to build a closed source application based on the Financier code instead of contributing the Financier project. The code is completely open source so he's free to do so, but not completely necessary since we have a working tool.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'm planning to turn my attention to the main app once I have the mobile app to a point that I consider complete enough.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline keyboard

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »

Edit: For what it's worth, I'm planning to turn my attention to the main app once I have the mobile app to a point that I consider complete enough.

It's worth a lot what you are doing here.... You are providing hope and anticipation which is hugely appreciated.... I can hardly wait to see where the main app will go

Bravo Bravo Bravo
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »
I was contacted by that poster, since I've been building the mobile site, about developing a separate application based on the Financier source code. I didn't really response (too busy, forgot) and then that post disappeared after a short while. He indicated that he was planning to build a closed source application based on the Financier code instead of contributing the Financier project. The code is completely open source so he's free to do so, but not completely necessary since we have a working tool.

That's fun. Wonder if it was the same guy that wanted to buy Financier from me? (I said no.)

People are, of course, welcome to develop their own fork of Financier. It is MIT licensed. :) I won't be a poor sport about it. But I do absolutely appreciate people building with the official Financier deployment (ahem, @asromzek) instead of fragmenting the Financier community.
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »
If it ain't broke...
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »
break it!
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.