Author Topic: Greetings from VA, soon to be FL!  (Read 541 times)

Offline brianr

Greetings from VA, soon to be FL!
« on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
Hi everyone!  Avid YNAB4 user here.  I gave nYNAB a shot shortly after release and didn't last long.  My 2017 resolution was to finally transition my budget to nYNAB.  I had some time today so I got an early start on my resolution, but decided nYNAB isn't for me.  Is it possible to break a new years resolution before the new year starts?

I like Financier - aka what nYNAB should have been - and want to support the development, provide feedback, and have a new budget tool to rave about to my friends.

Offline Mike

Re: Greetings from VA, soon to be FL!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 09:40:42 AM »
I like Financier - aka what nYNAB should have been - and want to support the development, provide feedback, and have a new budget tool to rave about to my friends.

I agree with your comment Brian. I have used YNAB since 2008. For years, Jesse and Taylor were doing great things. Jesse was on the YNAB forum engaged with users. Taylor and Rodeo Clown were developing great software and interacting with users on the forum. Then YNAB starting growing and everything changed. Several new people were hired to work on nYNAB and Jesse eventually divorced himself from the forum community. The software changed and I no longer felt like a member of the YNAB family. Then I discovered Financier and it feels like YNAB in 2008. Alex listens to suggestions from the community and great software is being developed. And equally important, I feel like a member of the Financier family.
In the Cascade Mountains of Oregon

Offline brianr

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
My favorite is how adamant YNAB was against connecting directly to banks to download transaction data.  Then they realize they can move to a subscription model if they offer auto transaction downloads, and suddenly auto transaction download is a wonderful idea.   

Offline Velotech

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:22:37 AM »
You make me more knowledgeable. I like all of you very much