Author Topic: Can't figure this out...  (Read 161 times)

Offline ktkadoo

Can't figure this out...
« on: March 22, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
Hello!  Not only can I not figure this out, I'm not certain what to call my problem...

I started Financier just under a year ago, but then when it looked like it wasn't going anywhere, hoppped back to YNAB4.  I recently wanted to go to something else because YNAB is really slow on my computer, I wanted mobile ability, and even though I disconnected YNAB from my Dropbox, it still keeps connecting...

At the beginning of the month, I went back to Financier and have been running YNAB and Financier together until I decide to really make the switch.  Today I was making sure that they match each other and came across differing amounts in my TBB between YNAB and Financier.  Financier tells me I have 6.24 left to budget this month and YNAB tells me I'm 16.69 over budget.  All of the numbers in my budget balances match except the total budget balance.  When manually calculating, I see that YNAB is correct.  But the other funny thing is Financier fixes itself in April's budget, even though nothing was budgeted in April, nor are there any transactions.  I'd like to be able to trust my Financier amounts.  Does anyone know why it is showing this way and any way to fix it?

Offline ktkadoo

Re: Can't figure this out...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
And here are the screenshots of Marches budgets in both YNAB and Financier.  The pdf in the previous message is to show what it looks like when I get to April in Financier (I didn't notice it until I made my screen full screen) and I don't know the different specs asked for.  I'm running on the most recent Chrome and probably with the most recent Financier, bu I'm not sure which that is.

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 11:35:21 AM »
Hey @ktkadoo, I definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you.

First thing to check, is there any red banners like "no account" or "no category" on your account register? Make sure to expand split transactions if you have any and check.

If that doesn't do it, please send the budget to hello@financier.io and I would love to take a look. The calculations being correct is very important to me. :)

Thanks
Alex
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:19 AM »
Just to clarify, by sending the budget I mean making a backup (press cog next to "add an account", -> Backup Budget), and attach it to an email.

Thanks again!!
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.