Author Topic: Scheduled Maintenance - 03/23/18  (Read 246 times)

Offline Alex

Scheduled Maintenance - 03/23/18
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:16:30 PM »
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow, this Friday (March 23rd, 2018), at 5:30PM CT, Financier will be down for maintenance.

The reason for the downtime is to migrate off of Docker Cloud which we are using for container management. Docker Cloud is being shut down in 2 months by an announcement made a couple days ago.

The downtime will last anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours.

There may be a slight performance boost by this change. This change also completely separates staging and production at all levels minus the Digital Ocean organization account. Docker Cloud will be replaced by a solution with Docker Compose without a management solution.

This will be the last service that Financier depends on that is at risk to be shut down at some time in the future. After the migration is complete, the "weakest link" will be Digital Ocean (which is many times over more dependable to exist in the future relative to Docker Cloud).

Staging has already been migrated without any large issues.

As always, because Financier works offline, your budget will continue to be accessible. The only difference is it will not sync until the maintenance is complete. :D
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Alex

Re: Scheduled Maintenance - 03/23/18
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:59:13 PM »
Spot backup complete, production will be going down in 30 minutes!

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 05:32:02 PM »
Production is now down for maintenance.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »
... and we're back up! 58 minutes of downtime. Thanks everyone.