Author Topic: Mobile App Beta 2.0.0-beta.0  (Read 63 times)

Offline asromzek

Mobile App Beta 2.0.0-beta.0
« on: June 29, 2019, 09:41:59 AM »
It's been a long time since anything new has been released for the mobile app, and today is the day (finally). Beta version 2.0.0-beta.0 is ready to play with, and I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on the UI/UX redesign. The entire app received a major overhaul to make the code much more consistent, and that ended up being a lot more involved than I expected. Since this was my first "real" web app I had no idea what I was doing early on, and some of those pages and components were very difficult to fix. The account and budget views took weeks to rewrite (9 steps back, 10 steps forward). However, it slowly came together and I think the app is decent enough to release for testing. I don't have a lot of time to write up a big post detailing the changes, but the following is a list of highlights.

• Budgets, accounts, and categories can now be added/edited/deleted in the mobile app.
  • Swiping left on a budget, account, or category will display the Edit/Delete buttons.
  • Tapping a transaction now opens the transaction editor immediately instead of showing the Edit/Remove menu and split sub transactions.
  • Split sub transactions are shown in the account view by long pressing the transaction for about a second.
  • Swiping left and right in the budget view to change months only works on the header now.
  • Countless UI improvements and tweaks. (I spent a lot of time on those amount bubbles. Way too much.)
  • Many, many, many things that I don't have time to list. Play around, you'll see.

Unfortunately, the payee editor is still under construction and has been temporarily removed. My plan is to finish that up and polish the app in several other areas before making it an official release. To help test the beta more thoroughly I am attempting to add a method for importing a budget backup file from the main app. This may be possible by uploading your backup file to pastebin or a similar site, and importing using the link. That way you can see how the beta app looks and reacts with a full existing budget. Stay tuned to see if I can pull that one off.

Once I and everyone else are satisfied with the beta version, I will release it officially and move on to some newer features that I think the mobile app could really use.

• Account reconciliation.
  • Transaction search.
  • Improved split editor. It definitely needs some work.
  • Account reordering via drag/drop. I don't know why I never implemented this. It's already working with categories.
  • Payee location memory using your phone's GPS. This would be optional, obviously.
  • Multi-language support. I dropped the ball on this, and it will be a "fun" to fix it now.
  • And whatever suggestions that you all may have.

Without further ado, here's the link: https://beta.fmobile.io/
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline asromzek

Re: Mobile App Beta 2.0.0-beta.0
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »
Huh, pastebin has a file size limit of 512KB and my exported budget is 2MB. Importing a budget file may not be as easy as I thought.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.