Author Topic: Mobile App Beta 2.0.0-beta.5 (Category/Split Editor Improvements)  (Read 82 times)

Offline asromzek

Disclaimer: Backup your budget before testing the beta mobile app, and make sure to pay attention to the recommendations that were posted here to avoid bloating your database: https://discuss.financier.io/index.php?topic=407

Changes/Fixes
  • A spinner is shown next to the budget name when opening to give better feedback that the app is working.
  • The transaction category editor automatically scrolls to the previously selected category if one is set.
  • Pinned categories are shown at the top of the list in the transaction category editor.
  • Split editor displays the transaction total, other splits total, current split value, and remaining value above header.
  • A "Cover Remaining" button was added to split editor to set the current split's value so the remaining amount is zeroed.
  • Minor UI cleanup.

Up Next
Transaction search will have to wait until a future release since I want to do it right, and it's going to take some significant work to wedge it into the UI. I am envisioning both a simple search that will filter based on all fields, and an advanced search that can be used to specify which fields to search in (payee, category, memo, etc.) and/or in a range (date, amount). I also want to get the All Accounts view working since that has always been just a static display of the budget total. To do that I need to figure out how to display the account name with each transaction in the list, which will be interesting to figure out considering how packed each transaction line already is.

Links
Beta App: https://beta.fmobile.io
Current App: https://app.fmobile.io
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline ottyacat

Re: Mobile App Beta 2.0.0-beta.5 (Category/Split Editor Improvements)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 04:41:42 PM »
Looks good, thanks for adding the spinner, definitely helps when waiting for my bloated budget to load.

The cover remaining button and others are also a welcome edition, thanks.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
Beta app has been running really well! A small tweak that would be nice is when reconciling your credit card in the main app, the input box that lets you type in your balance accepts your balance as either a positive or negative number and still works it out correctly which is nice because rarely the credit card would actually have a positive balance. I normally open my bank app, copy the balance and paste it into that field but that always represents it as a positive number.

I know all I have to do is press the negative symbol first...But I keep forgetting and having to start the process again (force of habit I guess).

Offline asromzek

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
I didnít realize that it took an absolute value for the reconciliation balance, probably because I interpreted the code in the main app incorrectly. Should be an easy fix which Iíll probably have sorted out tonight. I also have quite a few minor improvements nearly ready to deploy, mostly navigation tweaks and some minor UI polishing. Unfortunately, nothing major was added this week due to lack of free time. Hopefully I can hammer out a few features this weekend.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 11:21:54 PM »
Sounds great! Cheers.