Author Topic: Financier Concerns.....  (Read 41 times)

Offline keyboard

Financier Concerns.....
« on: January 10, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
I am really pleased with Financier and have been using it for a couple years now..... For the most part, Alex has handed over the throne to asromzek who is doing a great job.

What happens when there is no one interested in keeping Financier going ?  Will that be EOL ? 

Please advise.
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline asromzek

Re: Financier Concerns.....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm doing a great job considering that I almost fell off the planet in 2019. The last year has been... interesting, partially due to the small human that has invaded our space, and mostly due to other work/family/other-odd issues. It's been tough to get my head into the mindset for writing code during the limited bits of free time that I have been able to scrape together.

However, I am still using Financier (web and mobile) heavily every day, and I am not going to switch to another budget management tool. In the unlikely event that Alex no longer wants to host it, I will. Financier works too well to let it go away.

With that said, I really want to dive back down the rabbit hole of code sooner than later. I do my best work in sprints over the course of a few weeks or months with some downtime between. The tough part is getting that programming spark ignited, so we'll see how the next few weeks go.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline keyboard

Re: Financier Concerns.....
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »

However, I am still using Financier (web and mobile) heavily every day, and I am not going to switch to another budget management tool. In the unlikely event that Alex no longer wants to host it, I will. Financier works too well to let it go away.

That does give me some comfort... You can count on my financial support.

The only thing that I miss dearly is a "Move Money" tool

Ron
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:17:47 AM by keyboard »
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com