Author Topic: Financier Concerns.....  (Read 135 times)

Offline keyboard

Financier Concerns.....
« on: January 10, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
I am really pleased with Financier and have been using it for a couple years now..... For the most part, Alex has handed over the throne to asromzek who is doing a great job.

What happens when there is no one interested in keeping Financier going ?  Will that be EOL ? 

Please advise.
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline asromzek

Re: Financier Concerns.....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm doing a great job considering that I almost fell off the planet in 2019. The last year has been... interesting, partially due to the small human that has invaded our space, and mostly due to other work/family/other-odd issues. It's been tough to get my head into the mindset for writing code during the limited bits of free time that I have been able to scrape together.

However, I am still using Financier (web and mobile) heavily every day, and I am not going to switch to another budget management tool. In the unlikely event that Alex no longer wants to host it, I will. Financier works too well to let it go away.

With that said, I really want to dive back down the rabbit hole of code sooner than later. I do my best work in sprints over the course of a few weeks or months with some downtime between. The tough part is getting that programming spark ignited, so we'll see how the next few weeks go.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline keyboard

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »

However, I am still using Financier (web and mobile) heavily every day, and I am not going to switch to another budget management tool. In the unlikely event that Alex no longer wants to host it, I will. Financier works too well to let it go away.

That does give me some comfort... You can count on my financial support.

The only thing that I miss dearly is a "Move Money" tool

Ron
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:17:47 AM by keyboard »
Go for the 7 Ball  !!!!!!!

www.createsongstyles.com

Offline Gary McMahon

Financier Concerns
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 08:41:03 AM »
It's reassuring, that your intention is to continue with Financier. I am moving from YNAB as it is too expensive, and have looked at most of the others, including Buckets and Budgetwise. Whilst, each has its own strength, none of them align!

I have one question for @asromzek who I think did the mobile app. Can you see the mobile app full screen on an Android phone, as frustratingly it shows the url header and the rest of the app is off-screen below.

Thank you for your work on this worthwhile project.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:54:18 PM »
I have one question for @asromzek who I think did the mobile app. Can you see the mobile app full screen on an Android phone, as frustratingly it shows the url header and the rest of the app is off-screen below.
Hi there, you certainly can.

If your using the chrome browser then load up your budget on the mobile website and the click the settings dots normally at the top right, click 'add to home screen'. That will create a homescreen icon that runs the page fullscreen without the browser interface.

Offline Gary McMahon

Financier Concerns.....
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 04:58:55 AM »
Thanks @ottyacat I enabled Chrome on my Android phone (I was using Firefox) and it worked as you say, although you could not add transactions and the accounts were widely spaced. After updating Chrome, it all worked perfectly. Thank you.

Offline ottyacat

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 05:22:47 AM »
Your welcome, glad you got it working! There is probably a similar option in Firefox if that's your preferred browser, I'm not that familiar with it on Android. If you haven't already done so it's worth using the beta version of the mobile app, it's very stable and had great features like location lookup for payees @asromzek has done a fantastic job.

Offline Gary McMahon

Financier Concerns.....
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 06:42:39 AM »
Yes, @ottyacat I am using the beta version, and @asromzek  has done a wonderful job on the mobile app.

I tried what you suggested with the Firefox browser, and it didn't work as well as Chrome--so I'll stick with Chrome.

Thank you for your help.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 07:43:59 PM »
 I really need to get my hands on an Android phone so I can do some real debugging and testing.
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.