Author Topic: How are you feeling today?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Mike

Re: How are you feeling today?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »
Yeah, we got a lot of snow here in Wisconsin (first of this winter) and I'm already done with winter. :P

Maybe it's time to book a flight to Cozumel (scuba diving)...

Snow is an invitation to strap on the skis or snowshoes and go out to play. One of my favorite winter activities is to snowshoe into the forest during a light snowfall. I enjoy stopping to look and listen. There is movement from the falling snow, but absolutely no sound. This is one of the few places that I feel removed from the busy world and completely relaxed. I'm looking forward to some wonderful days in the forest this winter.
In the Cascade Mountains of Oregon

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »
Yeah, we got a lot of snow here in Wisconsin (first of this winter) and I'm already done with winter. :P

Maybe it's time to book a flight to Cozumel (scuba diving)...

Snow is an invitation to strap on the skis or snowshoes and go out to play. One of my favorite winter activities is to snowshoe into the forest during a light snowfall. I enjoy stopping to look and listen. There is movement from the falling snow, but absolutely no sound. This is one of the few places that I feel removed from the busy world and completely relaxed. I'm looking forward to some wonderful days in the forest this winter.

I totally agree. When I lived in Oregon I loved the winter b/c of skiing. It's just not the same with the small hills here in Wisconsin though. ;)
I am the Financier owner/admin/coder dude.

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 12:15:07 AM »
Actually just went skiing at Mt Hood (timberline lodge) today! In PDX for this week on vacation. 😎

Offline Joel

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 12:20:40 AM »
I'm feeling absolutely glorious.

In the last week of my fantasy football regular season, I needed to upset the top ranked team that was 11-1 and I needed the 4th ranked team to lose. The top ranked team had Le'Veon Bell who put up 50+ points in our PPR league. However, my team absolutely dominated him besides that! Ended up winning 163-131! The 4th place team went into MNF needing 11 points from Mike Wallace. He only got 10.2 points. It was a nailbiter! My team snuck into the playoffs as a result! It was absolutely glorious!
Biking and budgeting my way to early retirement!

Ting referral: https://zp8h3m5ceig.ting.com/
Lastpass referral: https://lastpass.com/f?27278462

Offline asromzek

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »
It's holiday crunch time at work, again. My group supports several manufacturing plants, which are all trying to wrap up big projects before the end of the year. The requests for help are coming in faster than I can handle them, as usual. They tried throwing me under the bus in one instance yesterday, and that did not fly. 8)

Ready for the winter lull...
/s implied, unless stated otherwise.

Offline Billy_McSkintos

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »
I'm exhausted! I started a new job that means I am commuting 65 miles each way along the pacific coast so despite having to get up early at least the ocean views are worth it. Our daughter is determined never to sleep - its for the weak - so rolling on ~ 4 hours of shut eye. On top of that, just found out I am going to be training for 3 weeks in Wisconsin in Jan/Feb, can't wear shorts and flip flops there...
Project Fi Referral - Get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/RWN1J1
Betterment.com Referral - 90 days managed free: https://www.betterment.com/?invite=marcusglynn

Offline Mike

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »
Actually just went skiing at Mt Hood (timberline lodge) today! In PDX for this week on vacation. 😎
Now that's living the good life! I live between Bend and Sisters. I consider myself fortunate to have the Cascade Mountains in my backyard with all of the great outdoor activities. There should be a big dump of snow on Wednesday. We are expecting 12" in my area. Have a great time skiing this week!
In the Cascade Mountains of Oregon

Offline MacMichael

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 10:34:43 AM »
@Alex I assume you are writing code while on the sky lift?

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 02:10:31 PM »
I write code when I sleep, too! 💤

Offline NotMyRealName

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:56 PM »
You chose a good time to come to Portland if you like skiing, Alex, the mountain has gotten dumped on this winter already (most snow since 2008 for this early).

I am done with the holidays and winter and neither are officially here, yet <sigh>.

Offline asromzek

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 10:35:37 PM »
I write code when I sleep, too! 💤

I tend to write code in the shower.

Offline godlo

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 05:18:06 AM »
I'm feeling well but it will be better if Alex include a link to https://discuss.financier.io/index.php?action=recent in the forum menu up there  ::) .

Offline asromzek

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 09:24:22 AM »
I found the "disable traction control" button in my car over the weekend. This pleases me.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 09:42:53 PM »
Falcons won, Bucs lost, Hawks lost! Feeling real good. 👍

Offline asromzek

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
Another post-holiday thrashing at work this week. This one hasn't been as bad as the week after Thanksgiving, so I should be back to posting a significant amount of nonsense soon enough.