Author Topic: What Other Budgeting Software have you tried?  (Read 2270 times)

Offline cracksys

Re: What Other Budgeting Software have you tried?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »
Wow, awesome story. :) Thanks for posting it.

Has anyone tried https://www.everypocket.com/?

The reddit channel for that appears dead now. No activity in over a month.
It looks very neat tho.

Not that financier doesn't.

parrot

Offline athikalaka

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 02:19:04 PM »
Wow, awesome story. :) Thanks for posting it.

Has anyone tried https://www.everypocket.com/?

I had not. however, I just looked briefly and there are a few issues:
1. No account registers (just one massive account)
2. No Income for next month (see my post above)
3. No scheduled transactions
4. No import capabilities
5. No export capabilities
6. No iPhone app

It appears to be another spin-off that hopes to do what YNAB4 used to do and nYNAB does not do. It has walled months, the ability to enter future-dated transactions, and the red arrow. It seems like they deliberately did not create account registers. I don't know how I would possible reconcile my 10+ accounts as a result. There appears to be an android app but not an iPhone app.

I'm glad to see several solutions emerge to compete with YNAB. I would love to see YNAB the company go completely under as a result of them selling out.

I reached out to their support regarding this situation. It sounds like they are redesigning the way accounts work and they will have account registers at some point in the future. They also plan to add import and export capabilities, as well as an iPhone app after the Android app is polished. He mentioned they already have scheduled transactions and directed me how to use them.

When I asked about Income for next month, he didn't understand/know what I was talking about. So with that said, I have a feeling he was not a disgruntled YNAB4 user.

I believe I had a go at this program and having the income for next month was a necessity. When nYNAB had changed their way of allocating income, I created a YNAB4 budget to follow the same mindset. After 6 months it really didn't work out for me as it just changed the mindset I had for years so I went back to allocating for the next month and had peace of mind.

What I really like about these programs is their user interface ideas (https://www.everypocket.com/static/everypocket/images/public-site/guides/11.png). Inspired by the UX, I wouldn't mind if Financier has an option to add a 'Dashboard page' (probably only for desktop version). Maybe a pie graph or 2 of income vs expenditure or assets vs liabilities. Presentation on what's happening in the current month, comparing the month against last year's (Year on Year), accumulative progress (whether it be calendar year or financial year or the ongoing last 12 months).
This dashboard would be customisable... once all the reports are on Financier and are manageable, it's just a matter of implementing a 'smaller' version and embedding on to the dashboard?
Long term goals.

Offline athikalaka

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 12:25:17 AM »
Money Manager EX
EveryDollar
Pocket Book
Money Brilliant
Goodbudget (formerly EEBA)

I wanted to look at PocketGuard but that's only available for US and CA users
BudgetSimple looks to be another interesting app but I haven't installed it yet, although it looks very simplified.