Author Topic: Just in case you missed it.... the world changed last night!  (Read 765 times)

Offline jeremiahsvow

Just in case you missed it.... the world changed last night!
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:59:38 AM »
parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot parrot

Flying the W.
Go Cubs Go!

Offline Bruce

Re: Just in case you missed it.... the world changed last night!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:07:33 AM »
What a game! I have to admit I couldn't make it into the 9th so I missed the end, but good lord.

You couldn't write a movie that would be any more dramatic.

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 10:12:59 AM »
What a game! I have to admit I couldn't make it into the 9th so I missed the end, but good lord.

You couldn't write a movie that would be any more dramatic.

Watched the came with my mom, dad, and sister. It was a crazy game. Had to stay up. I've been waiting for 36 years to see it happen! LOL.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:23:59 AM »
Well congratulations. Here's to hoping my Braves will be competing with the Cubs next here.

Maddon dodged a major bullet with that win. Had they lost (and I'm glad they didn't) he would have been second guessed for all of eternity for pulling Hendricks so early. He was throwing a gem. Bold, but very risky move. Glad it worked out.

Offline Joel

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »
As a Giants fan that got to witness my team win 3 in 5 after a long drought, I can appreciate how Cubs fans feel after an even longer drought. It was a great series to watch!
Biking and budgeting my way to early retirement!

Ting referral: https://zp8h3m5ceig.ting.com/
Lastpass referral: https://lastpass.com/f?27278462

Offline Bruce

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »
As a Giants fan that got to witness my team win 3 in 5 after a long drought, I can appreciate how Cubs fans feel after an even longer drought. It was a great series to watch!

I really like Buster Posey. Good GA boy there. Great family too. He played ball with a friend of mine's son growing up and through high school. Got to see him play more than once before he was "somebody" so that's always cool. It makes it easy to pull for the Giants when they aren't playing the Braves.   

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »
Well congratulations. Here's to hoping my Braves will be competing with the Cubs next here.

Maddon dodged a major bullet with that win. Had they lost (and I'm glad they didn't) he would have been second guessed for all of eternity for pulling Hendricks so early. He was throwing a gem. Bold, but very risky move. Glad it worked out.

I actually live in Georgia, but I have been a Cubs fan my entire life. Lived in the Windy City as a kid for a few years.

I was telling my dad last night when Maddon made the move, and today after some rest, that I should not be this upset after a win! Couple that with the move to put Chapman in for 2 1/3 innings the night before... Geez.

Maddon looked skittish and scared to use anybody except Chapman and Lester. It was a stupid move, and I will always think it was a stupid move even though we won.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 01:54:57 PM »
I actually live in Georgia, but I have been a Cubs fan my entire life. Lived in the Windy City as a kid for a few years.

Well you guys sure represent well when the Cubbies come to town. You take up damn near half the stadium. I wish Atl fans were that committed to any of the teams here.

Offline jeremiahsvow

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 01:57:50 PM »

Well you guys sure represent well when the Cubbies come to town. You take up damn near half the stadium. I wish Atl fans were that committed to any of the teams here.

Yeah. I am not sure why the Braves fandom does not support like in other cities. It's a shame really.

Offline Joel

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 02:01:23 PM »

What's funny is that the Braves have a big following of 20-35 year olds in Oregon. The Braves were the only baseball team on TV back when those people were children. I personally have a few friends that are Brave fans for that reason (and we live in Northern California).
Biking and budgeting my way to early retirement!

Ting referral: https://zp8h3m5ceig.ting.com/
Lastpass referral: https://lastpass.com/f?27278462

Offline Bruce

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
What's funny is that the Braves have a big following of 20-35 year olds in Oregon. The Braves were the only baseball team on TV back when those people were children. I personally have a few friends that are Brave fans for that reason (and we live in Northern California).

Yeah there are actually a lot of Braves fans nationwide due to the old TBS days when Ted Turner owned the team and TBS. The games were broadcast on TBS which was aired nationwide. Baseball fans that otherwise didn't really have a team sort of adopted the Braves because they could watch them every night.

This was back in the days when you know kids like me could show up the day of the game and sit right behind the Braves dugout because no one was at the game.  8)